Re: pcmcia install help

Michael Stutz wrote:

> Now, I have no idea what I should do to get Debian working. I'm ready to
> conclude that you cannot install Debian on a laptop that uses a pcmcia modem
> as its primary interface to the world. I would really love it if somebody
> proved me wrong.
Not sure about the modem part, however the PCMCIA part works - I use a
laptop with a PCMCIA ethernet adapter.

To install the PCMCIA stuff, we (several people were involved in this
one ;) compiles the source code and made sure the resultant modules
ended up in the right place....

--
Ian Stuart
Medicine & Veterinary Medicine Computing Support

              http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~kiz/

LandRovers - a 50-year-old stop-gap that has become the most successful
             4x4 production vehicle in the world.