Re: KDE Problem

In article <0847151421041998/A06349/GCSSTF/11C4AB8F2D00*@MHS> you wrote:

> Why are you typeing this, KDE should be started from startx or xinit (maybe
> xdm/kdm even).

Maybe he, like me, decided that a good way to test new window
managers/desktop environments is to have .xinitrc start an xterm.
Then you type kde or startkde or even better the individual commands
found in startkde.  This way, I see exactly where problems occur (KDE
is still beta of course).

Erv

--
Graduate Student                                edwalter@iname.com
Department of Chemistry                       walter@chem.wisc.edu

Borg Assimilation is the Best Cure for the Common Man.
 -- tagline 1.00 by xopy