unresolved symbols during fresh Debian install

Hello,

I am attempting to install Debian 1.3 by CD-ROM using
a Philips/LMS CM-206 CD-ROM drive.  The drive is
proprietary, thus requiring the use of the device
driver disk.  The following error message appears
when attempting to load the appropriate module:

/lib/modules/2.0.29/cdrom/cm206.o: unresolved symbol(s)
/lib/modules/2.0.29/cdrom/cm206.o: unresolved symbol register_cdrom
/lib/modules/2.0.29/cdrom/cm206.o: unresolved symbol unregister_cdrom
/lib/modules/2.0.29/cdrom/cm206.o: unresolved symbol cdrom_fops

I have asked for help about this situation several
times and have not had much success in getting a
response.  If this is not the place to ask for this
kind of help, then could someone please let me know
who I should talk to in order for me to figure this
out.  Thanks.

Shane