Re: Star Office Anyone Using it?

Hi ' ALLAN W. BART; unless Mutt is confused, you wrote:
> hi,
>
> I see that it is available for home usage for free, you can get a cdrom
> for 8 bucks. so how does it stack up against applixware or other packages
> that you know of?
>
> allan bart

I'm very happy with the features they have supplied. IMHO this is the closest
we got to the Win-style suites, and even I don't like MS, I have to admit that
Win-enviroment has cool suites for business. The only problem is that you seem
to need 64 Mb of RAM to run it without much swapping- I myself would like to
see something sligthly less polished in the GUI and less memory hungry. I am
still hoping to see a gtk-friendly spreadsheet siag in a debian package :-)
SO4.0 has a really well featured spreadsheet...
Where did you see the lead for the SO4.0 Cd-rom?
BTW, is it possible to use gimp or image-magick or a combo to produce
presentation slideshow?

Damir