Re: starting X at boot

On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, Alain Toussaint wrote:

> i was surfing on the internet and viewed some comments on enabling X at
> boot,i tried the trick down there ( modify /etc/X11/config so the line
> no-start-xdm look like start-xdm,backup /etc/inittab and modify so when
> booting,it load into runlevel 5) but this hasn't worked,is there some

	When I enabled my XDM I didn't mess with /etc/inittab I just
modified /etc/X11/config like the one I am attaching to you. (Sorry for
the attachment... but I coundn't cut/paste... not on my machine... ;)

> document i could read for enabling X at boot ( and i did read a lot of the
> manpage sooner this week on this) ???
>
> p.s.i put the backup inittab back into the /etc directory so it start back
> in runlevel 2.
>
> p.p.s.i'm using debian 1.3.1
>
> Alain

	I think that everything should work just fine with the above
config file, at least it does for me... ;)

	Daniel.

Daniel Doro Ferrante        email: danieldf@fma.if.usp.br
				   danieldf@ime.usp.br
				   danieldf@lnx00.cecm.usp.br
System Administrator		   http://www.cecm.usp.br/~danieldf

CECM - Curso de Ciencias Moleculares - USP
       Course of Molecular Sciences - University of Sao Paulo

# This file contains configuration flags for the X Window System.
# For a description of the meanings of the flags, see
# /usr/doc/X11/debian.README

run-xconsole
obey-nologin
allow-user-resources