Re: Modem Question.

On Fri, Apr 24, 1998 at 12:26:35AM +0300, shaul wrote:
> I think AT&V will do it.
> >
> > I am looking for information that will allow me to see the modem conection
> > speed between my modem and the ISP, I have set up pppd to report the
> > conection speed, but when it reports the speed, its the speed between the
> > modem, and my computer... I was told I would have to tell my modem to do

Unfortunately, it does depend on what the particular modem requires.
My Motorola ModemSurfr(sic) 33.6 calls for AT\V0 or AT\V.  However, 'chat'
requires ('man chat') that one escape the '\' so the modem initialization
string needs another '\' to include the '\' in the AT\V command:  AT\\V0.
                                                                    ^^
Probably, a good bet that either  AT&V  or  AT\V (AT\\V0 in 'chat')
will work.

  jkern@klis.com   Jack Kern   Yarmouth, Nova Scotia   Debian GNU/Linux i386