modprobe log entries

Does anyone know how to have modprobe display more descriptive log
messages when it can't load a module?  I've been getting messages in
my log like:

Apr 22 16:38:52 cush modprobe: can't locate module

and I've been trying to track them down, (they appear whenever
netscape is started) but it would really help if I knew what module it
is that modprobe can't locate (as a test, doing 'insmod IMnothere'
gives the identical log entry - no clue of what module was asked for).
I seem to remember that modutils from bo would actually tell you in
the logs what was being looked for.  (Can someone running bo confirm
this for me?  That is, that the unfound module is mentioned in the
logs, not just as output of insmod.)

I'm running hamm, modutils version 2.1.85-10.

And just to head off some of the 'try this and see if it works'
replies, yes I do have
alias net-pf-3 off
alias net-pf-4 off
alias net-pf-5 off
in my /etc/conf.modules.

Hmmm... this may be a bug against modutils, as I'm almost certain that
bo gave you a clue in the logs.

--
Daniel Martin, who doesn't really have a good sig yet.