Re: The effects of backspace and delete are reversed in vim

> An annoying feature of vim is that the effects of backspace and of delete
> are reversed compared to any other vi. It is particularly annoying because
> backspace will delete existing text, including newlines, when it is in input
> mode.
>
> How can I put these effects back to normal, please?

Hi.

Put the following in your ~/.vimrc

set t_kb=<BS>
fixdel

> Should this be regarded as a bug?

Probably.
This is upstream "property", which is inconsistant with Debian
keyboard configuration (not sure). I have vim 5.1 and it is still there,
(in GUI mode, however, everything is OK).

May be it is a problem with xterm configuration, elm command lines are also
act this way.

Alex Y.

--
   _