debian network workstation

I have an old 386-25 computer with 8m of memory, a 100mb hd, et4000
based video card with 1m of display memory.  The mb has no cache, and
only ISA slots.  I would like to use this machine as a networked
station tied to my k6-233 acting as a server.  I have an acton ne2000
clone I can put in the 386.

Can I boot linux off the network?  Can I put most of the file system
on the network (IE the workstation would mount /bin, /usr, /etc from
the network and maybe even /host/xxxx.  What would be then minimun
filesystem that would have to be on the local drive?