Re: SMTP mail

Yes, I can resolve outside names (pinging and "netscaping").  I'm not familiar with a smarthost.  Does that have to do with SMTP or sendmail?  Isn't there some other sort of SMTP services I need to be running?

Brian Morgan

can you resolve names outside greenville.edu (try pinging one or
netscaping to one like www.debian.org or sunsite.unc.edu)?

are you using a smarthost?