Re: startx giving error message

> Check where the symbolic link /usr/X11R6/bin/X points to.  According
> to your error, it looks as though it is pointing to XF86_NONE which
> isn't a valid X server.  It should be linked to an X server such as
> XF86_SVGA, XF86_S3, etc...
>
>   What type of video card is installed in the machine?

This might sound like a dumb question, but how do you check where a symbolic link
points to?  I understand what you're talking about, and I can see X in the
/usr/X11R6/bin directory, but I don't know what to do from there to get it to point
to my current SVGA server (I'm using a Hercules Terminator 64/3D S3 virge card,
FYI).  Thanks for any help you can give.