Re: startx giving error message

Brian,

  Check where the symbolic link /usr/X11R6/bin/X points to.  According
to your error, it looks as though it is pointing to XF86_NONE which
isn't a valid X server.  It should be linked to an X server such as
XF86_SVGA, XF86_S3, etc...

  What type of video card is installed in the machine?

Steve Mayer
smayer@rtd.com