Re: Need help configuring samba

On Sun, Mar 29, 1998 at 02:09:49AM -0500, Will Lowe wrote:
> I've got a Win95 machine which I need to use the printer on my linux box.
> I've installed the most recent Samba package for hamm,  but:
>
> Until now I've been using the standard Win95 TCP/IP stack and NONE of the
> clients (Client for Microsoft Networks,  etc.)
Client for Microsoft Networks is exactly what you need. You should also
make TCP/IP the only network protocol or if that is not possible, you should
make it the standard protocol. Make sure, broadcast and IP adresses are ok.

> -- I just used telnet,
In this case I assume that your TCP/IP setup is already ok. Good.

Nils

| Quotes from the net:  L> Linus Torvalds, W> Winfried Truemper               |
| L>this is the special easter release of linux, more mundanely called 1.3.84 |
| W>Umh, oh. What do you mean by "special easter release"?. Will it quit      |
* W>working today and rise on easter?                                         *