Re: ld.so.conf question

Brian White <bcwhite@verisim.com> on Tue, Apr 07, 1998 at 01:39:59PM -0400:
> Question: Shouldn't /usr/X11R6/lib be before the libc5-compat directory
> and shouldn't there only be one of them?

I'm not certain, but I don't think that the end result (ld.so.cache?) is
in any way affected by parse order.  The dlinker (1.9.7 anyways) has some
mechanism by which it `knows' if the app needs a libc5-linked binary or
libc6.

BTW, what are the ENOENT(ld.so.preload)s that I get so often? Can I use
this file to improve efficiency by creating it or something?

14 March '98 manpage says:

	File containing a whitespace separated list of ELF shared
	libraries to be loaded before the program.  libraries and an
	ordered list of candidate libraries.

Does this mean I can pre-allocate which apps need what, reducing the
startup overhead?

--
Scott