Sound and Modem Troubles

I have a Packard Bell 166 MHz Pentium Tower.
I have suddenly lost BOTH the internal modem and all sound.
I have installed an external modem and configued it, using
Windows 95, for Serial Port 2, but that does not correct
my problem with no sound.
Are the modem and sound on the same card in this machine,
and if so, does this sound like a configuration or hardware
problem?
Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Dan
Houston, TX