Re: Apache web server POSTing.

At 08:28 AM 16/04/97 -0600, Chad Zimmerman wrote:

>I had that when I first installed.  Make sure the path callout for your
>cgi-bin in the .conf files is correst, and once that is done check the
>ownership of the directory and the access privilages of the cgi-bin
>directory.
>
>Here is how ine is:
>drwxr-xr-x   5 root     root         2048 Mar 17 11:08 cgi-bin

Hmmmm, this has installed it by default like that shouldn't it?  The only
cgi-bin I've got in the access.conf file is:

<Directory /usr/lib/cgi-bin>
AllowOverride None
# Options FollowSymlinks
Options Indexes FollowSymlinks
</Directory>

and the directory is:

drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root         1024 Feb 19 05:48 /usr/lib/cgi-bin

I figured there would be some sort of option to enable to make POSTings
happen...  Also keep in mind I'm not trying to do POST stuff, my users are
- so obviously it'd be /~someuser/cgi-bin/wherever/etc.pl or whatever...

--
Karl Ferguson
Tower Networking Pty Ltd   Tel: +61-9-456-0000     karl@tower.net.au