Re: debian in a lab

It seems to me the best way to do this would be to use the ftp install
but that may take to much time so making a template machine and then
copying everything from that machine to all the others (cp -Rap) would
work.   If you can open the machines and get the drives out this wouldn't
be to bad, if not you would have to at least get a kernel and filesystem and
nis working first, unless you feel like ftping a 300 meg file across the room,
that has been done, if you are going to use nfs instead of ftp then why not
just install everything.  I had /usr nfs mounted for about 10 minutes one
time and it was slow I could run ls and go get a coke.  The best way to
keep up with what is in /usr would probally be nis.

Sorry for the rambling.

--
Jason Killen                                     Question Stupidity
Ma ma's don't let your babies grow up to be Linux hackers