What is the standard ethernet frame type?

     I will be connecting several different types of systems to an
ethernet network that is currently running only Netware on ipx.  On
the Netware server and workstations it is necessary to specify the
Ethernet frame type.  IPX is running either Ethernet_802.2 or
Ethernet_803.2.  The Novel books say that the TCP/IP has to run on
Ethernet_II or Ethernet_SNAP.  In reading the FAQs, HOWTOs and the
Linux Network Administrator's book I don't recall any mention of
specifying the frame type.

     What is the standard type used?  Is there really a question in
the UN*X world as to which standard to use?  It will also be
necessary to setup and run a BSD box so that question will also have
to be addressed but I figure that most of the world must be running
on one of the particular standards.  Like they say the wonderful
thing about standards is that there are so many to chose from.

     Chris