Re: No automatic PST->PDT time change?

On Tue, 8 Apr 1997, Roy C Bixler wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Apr 1997, Bob Nielsen wrote:
> > Hmmm, my Debian (rex) shows MDT, but my Red Hat shows (correctly for
> > Arizona) MST.  R. H. seems to have a few more configuration choices,
> > including various parts of Indiana.
> >
> > The files don't seem readable, so I don't know what to make of it.
>
> If you run 'tzconfig' you will see a lot of choices including all the ones
> you mention that Redhat has.  I also saw the problems people were
> compaining of where the time did not properly adjust itself on Monday
> morning, but all the machines I saw this on had the timezone incorrectly
> configured.

O.K. I figured it out.  If you select U.S.A., you get the following
choices:

Central
Eastern
Hawaii
Mountain
Pacific

This won't work for Arizona and the parts of Indiana which do not use DST.

If you select America (excluding USA), you get the full list.

Confusing but it works.

Bob

----
                            AX.25:    w6swe@wb7tls.az.usa.noam