Setting up X

Hi.

	I'm new to Linux/Debian. Everything was going well until it came time to
set up X windows. The trouble is I can't get X to install my mouse.

	I know that it's a ps/2 mouse and that there's something called gpm also
running. I don't know what this is. gpm says that my mouse is on
/dev/ttyS0. Is this correct?

	In the debian installation, I did choose to install the mouse module.

	I just can't think what could be wrong.

	Any help would be appreciated.

	--Farhad Manjoo