Re: Installing Debian 1.2

First, you probably want to install 1.3, not 1.2, unless you have some
specific reason for doing so.

>Would someone PLEASE answer my e-mails and help? I have tried to install
>Debian Linux, and get stuck in the cfdisk menu. How do I go through this
>menu, and continue? I would appreciate an answer.

Well, what's the problem?! Did you read the cfdisk documentation that
install.txt (or .html) instructs you to get? cfdisk is a program that
allows you to allocate a hunk of your hard drive space into a partition
which Linux can use. Ergo you must have a hunk of hard drive space still
unpartitioned; you can split off parts from your DOS or Winblows (but not
Winblows NT) partitions with the FIPS program. (FIPS will create a new
partition, actually, which you can just then delete and voila, free space.)

>	I am not a novice at this, since I am running Win 95, NT 4.0 and OS/2
>WARP on different partitions, and would like to add Linux to experiment
>and add to my knowledge. After all, to paraphase a quote; "Knowledge is
>money". :-) It would be helpful to read other mail here if I have
>something running to work with.

<shrug> It's hard to help when you don't even say what the problem is.

late

--
Jason Daniels -- bd733@rgfn.epcc.edu
---> BELIEVE THE LIE <---