Pascal Compiler

I recently attempted to compile a simple Pascal program to make sure
gpc is working. I was surprised to get the error:

	ld: cannot open -lgpc: No such file or directory

I thought I might have missed installing  the libraries so I reinstalled
gpc and the library from dselect. I assume I got all the packages since
I fixed the dependency problems which popped up when I selected gpc. After
installing everything, the same error popped up, how do I get ld to find
the Pascal library?