Re: more on scsi controllers

The first step is to see a host adaptor.

dir /proc/scsi

cat /proc/scsi/aha152x (in my case) give ioport, irq, and a whole bunch of
cool techie words.

If nothing is there, then we need to help it along a bit.

The LILO argument is:

fdomain=<PORT_BASE>,<IRQ>[,<ADAPTER_ID>]

Does the card have jumpers? Somebody on this list might have docs. In the
meantime I am looking for a spec on the www.

On Tue, 24 Jun 1997, Rick Hawkins wrote:

> > Looking at the kernel source, I would say try for the future domain first.
> > It should be supported by a standard Debian kernel as a built-in (not
> > modular) driver. Maybe if you're lucky it will autoprobe.
>
> no such luck :(
>
> bash-2.00# mount /dev/scd0 /cdrom/ -t iso9660
> mount: the kernel does not recognize /dev/scd0 as a block device
>        (maybe `insmod driver'?)
> bash-2.00#
>

> --

+ Paul Wade                         Greenbush Technologies Corporation +
+ mailto:paulwade@greenbush.com              http://www.greenbush.com/ +