Re: [META] Use of the list for non-Debian matters

From: George Bonser <grep@oriole.sbay.org>
> [...] create a default fvwm popup menu when you click on the root
> window.  The first item in that window is "Help on Linux". Selecting that
> gives the next layer popup that includes links to such things as the woven
> docs (FAQ's, HOWTO's, etc in HTML) and launches a browser to read them.

> Seems to me the first step would be in deciding on a default standard X
> window manager and then going on to the default menus from there.

Our "menu" package already adds menus to _many_ different window managers,
and to character-oriented shells as well. Our "dwww" package need only
register a menu entry "Help with Linux", and it would appear. The biggest
missing piece right now is that "menu" and "dwww" are not installed by
default, and there should be an easy check box that gets the beginner a
GUI-enabled system with them installed.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--