Re: fdos, and ncftp

Those packages are in the non-free or contrib sections which are usually not included on CD-Rom.
Try ftp.debian.org.

In article <[🔎] 2PMnzgen28OT089yn@panix.com> you wrote:
: Two questions:

: I'm trying to set up a Debian system using a disk from Cheap*Bytes
: (part of their 5-disk set).  dselect says for a couple of packages
: (i.e. dosemu) that fdos is recommended, but not available.  In fact, a
: search of the Debian FTP structure shows that there *is* no fdos
: package.

: What's up?

: This is Debian 1.2.

: On the same topic, dselect wants a "local" directory which isn't on
: the C*B CD.  I hear they leave stuff out, so I'm not shocked.
: However, dselect also insists that there's a "local" directory on the
: FTP site, which there is not. I'm confused.

: As for NcFTP -- can a mere newbie user request a new package?  I'm
: used to NcFTP, which I've used on Panix (Sun) and on my home machine
: under OS/2.  Sure, I could compile it myself, but I'm afraid that as
: soon as I do, a package would be released and I'd have a hard time
: upgrading.  :-)

: Thanks.
: --
: Carl Fink             carlf@dm.net
: Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum
: <http://dm.net>

: --
: TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
: debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .
: Trouble?  e-mail to templin@bucknell.edu .