Re: ati mach64

On Tue, 30 Jan 1996, Nick Franken wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I have an ati mach64. I can not seem to get my x windows  work with
> it. My screen blanks out. Does anyone have the right (clock)settings
> for me? (Xconfig) I tried many settings in my xconfig file. Xprobe
> doesn't give the right settings. It seems that my 1024 video ram
> doesn't get recognized. I vaguely remembered from another message
> something about the dac settings. Any help is welcome. Thanks in
> advance.
> Nick Franken
> e-mail: franken@cistron.nl

Which card/chip set do you have? My new Xpression has the new CT chip,
this required use of the new beta version of XFREE86.

With this card at least, you do NOT probe clocks.

Check out the XFree86 org web page, http://www.xfree86.org/
for more info, FAQs, etc.
Don Gaffney
Engineering, Mathematics & Business Administration Computer Facility
University of Vermont
237 Votey Building
Burlington, VT  05405
(802) 656-8490