Re: Debian vs. BOGUS

    Dimitri>  Hmmm. So far I didn't notice that debianized sources were
    Dimitri> that different.

A rose is a rose is a rose (Gertrude Stein) and I have the feeling, a
byte is a bite is a bit.  Okay, I will stop posting on this topic.

    Dimitri> And the original readme's supposed to include an ftp addres
    Dimitri> of the package's primary site,

This is not the question.  Debian provides a database and it is a
question, which information should go in this database (BTW, I'm not a
programmer; I as an user would like to have such information in the
database).

    Dimitri> or you can use archie to track it down.

No, archie does not provide the address of a package's _primary_ site.

    Dimitri> Really, what does this gain? ( R. Kettlewell)

It makes life more comfortable; try BOGUS for a while, and you will see,
how pleasant it is ;-)

    Dimitri> Besides, this whole business of dselect/dpkg, pkgtool
    Dimitri> (Slackware) etc. is for that "average user"

No, for me `dpkg' is a package maintenace tool and besides, it is
advanced!  That's the reason why I cry for more.  Thanks for the time,
Karl.