Re: Configuration mail

> Tout d'abord, merci pour cette réponse éclairante!    ;)

J'avais rien à faire hier soir :-)

> Ensuite...
> En fait, j'ai un serveur pop pour le courrier entrant et un smtp pour le
> courrier sortant.
> Est-ce que Mutt saurait se charger de ça???

pop: Pas de problème; Apparement Mutt 1.4 sait même
travailler dans une boite POP de la même façon (ou presque)
que dans une boite IMAP.

SMTP: Apparement pas, désolé, mea culpa. Extrait de la FAQ
de Mutt:

<quote>
How can I make Mutt use a SMTP server to send email, like
Pine or [insert favourite Windows-based email client here)?

You can't. Mutt is a MUA (Mail User Agent), not a MTA (Mail
Transport Agent). Other email programs include MTA
functionality but the Mutt way is to use the proper tool for
each task, instead of making a giant program that does
everything. In short, it's not Mutt's job to get the mail to
a remote SMTP server.

If your system does not have a properly configured MTA such
as sendmail for Mutt to use, and you only need one to send
all emails to a remote SMTP server for further delivery,
then you can get sSMTP from
ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/mail/mta/ and install
that. sSMTP is easy to set up but very minimalistic, so you
might want to check out nullmailer at
http://www.em.ca/~bruceg/nullmailer/ instead. nullmailer can
queue mails when the smarthost is down and then send them
when it's up again.

Other MTAs and alternatives to sendmail are also listed in
the Other Programs section on the Mutt Links page at
http://www.mutt.org/links.html.
</quote>

En gros: ils conseillent d'installer sSMTP ou nullmailer si
on veut éviter de configurer Exim ou Sendmail.

/Y