Re: Lexmark is less than helpful : <

John Gay wrote:

> This is a reply I received in response to a request for Linux drivers for the
> Colour Inkjet 3200 printer from Lexmark. I guess I should have checked printer
> compatibility a bit better before I bought it : (
>
> In reference to your e-mail of 25/05/99, unfortunatly at present we do not have
> the drivers to work with Linux and have no plans to introduce it in the near
> future. If there is any move to introduce a range of drivers for Linux, we will
> inform all customers.

That was pretty much the response I got from Lexmark on my
old&given-to-me-free WinWriter; of course by the name of it I "knew" it
was winhardware (aka garbage), but I hoped that Lexmark might have been
a little more helpful. I for one will recommend against any Lexmark
purchases when asked by my friends/family/etc.