Re: useable hardware

On Thu, 20 May 1999, Armin Wegner wrote:

> - ELSA Erazer II, 16 mb, Riva TNT chipset
> 	Is 16 mb enough for a resolution of 1600 x 1280 x 24?

 The Riva TNT chipset is supported (I'm using it) but not at 24bpp.
Fortunately, 16MB is ample for 1600x1280x32, so that's not a problem. (In
fact, 7.8MB is enough.) However, you'll need to get the new SVGA driver
from XFree86 3.3.3.1. Go to www.xfree86.org.

> - cdrom LiteOn 40x, AT-IDE
> 	Does linux boot from this cdrom at installation time?

 If it's IDE, then it'll be supported. If your motherboard's BIOS supports
booting from a CD, then it should work.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles         (248) 377-7735        ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

 "Suffering is good for the soul, but it is usually best to wait until
  the body has no choice in the matter."  -  Stephen Donaldson