useable hardware

Hi,

I'd like to get a new computer. I haven't found some components at the
Hardware Compatiblity Howto. Can you tell me wether the listed hardware
is supported? Can you even tell me if it is succested to use?

- ELSA Erazer II, 16 mb, Riva TNT chipset
	Is 16 mb enough for a resolution of 1600 x 1280 x 24?

- cdrom LiteOn 40x, AT-IDE
	Does linux boot from this cdrom at installation time?

- hard disk IBM DTTA 351010
	Is this fast ultra dma ide supported by linux? Or should I better use
	a scsi cdrom and scsi disks? Scsi is more expensive, not much faster,
	but easier to maintain.

Armin