Re: X works, but no mouse?

On Mon, May 10, 1999 at 07:17:02PM +0200, deblists@tifa.demon.nl wrote:
> I usually have gpm set up as a repeater and X using the repeater
> device, however, gpm can't start either.
>
> An strace of 'cat /dev/psaux' gives me the same errors about not being
> able to open the device, and /var/log/messages reveals that the kernels
> wants (and fails) to load a module for char-major-10-1 (which is
> /dev/psaux).

You've done an admirable job of tracking down the problem.

It sounds to me like you simply didn't compile your kernel with support for
PS/2 mice.  Thus, there is no module to load.

If that's not the problem I'll be quite surprised.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |    Convictions are more dangerous enemies
Debian GNU/Linux                 |    of truth than lies.