Re: [OT] Low versus medium priced scanners

On Sun, 9 May 1999, Rick Macdonald wrote:

> When comparing a cheap scanner (under $100) such as the Plustek 96xx
> series with a medium price scanner such as the so-called business-class HP
> 5200c, I can't tell what claims are due to the scanner hardware itself, or
> simply the bundled software. Obviously, the bundled software does a Linux
> user little good.

 The best place to ask Linux-related scanner questions is on
"sane-devel@mostang.com". They're the most likely to know...

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles         (248) 377-7735      ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

  Modern deductive method: 1) Devise hypothesis. 2) Apply for grant.
  3) Perform experiments. 4) Revise hypothesis. 5) Backdate revised
                      hypothesis. 6) Publish.