Re: 8 Newbie Questions

William R Pentney <pentney@cse.Buffalo.EDU> writes:

> If you don't want to mount the drive for the entire session, you could
> also just try the following:

I shoul proof read my articles before sending them.

My /etc/fstab have almost the following lines:

/dev/cdrom	/cdrom	iso9660		noauto,user	0 0
/dev/fd0	/floppy	vfat		noauto,user	0 0

[I do have some more options and this is written completly off my
memory]

Then neither the floppy or cdrom is mounted atomatic and any user can
do it.

> The drawback of this is that you must be root to write the floppy.

Add the users to the floppy group. Append them to the line in
/etc/groups beginning with floppy.

--
Peter er den mindst gamle af de gammeldags usenettere, og moderator på
den eneste modererede gruppe i dk.*, so there.