NEW Samba + Printer woes

Hi!
	I've finally installed samba + lprng on an ageing i386. I have two
parallel ports, and a printer attached to each. I'm using debian hamm.
This is /etc/printcap:
#
# Copyright (c) 1983 Regents of the University of California.
# All rights reserved.
#
# Redistribution and use in source and binary forms are permitted
# provided that this notice is preserved and that due credit is given
# to the University of California at Berkeley. The name of the University
# may not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this
# software without specific prior written permission. This software
# is provided ``as is'' without express or implied warranty.
#
#	@(#)etc.printcap	5.2 (Berkeley) 5/5/88
#
# This file was generated by /usr/sbin/magicfilterconfig.
#
lp|hplj4l|HP Laserjet 4L:\
	:sd=/var/spool/lpd/lj4:\
	:rm=143.167.116.166:\
	:rp=raw:\
	:lp=/dev/null:\
	:sh:
	:sh:pw#80:pl#72:px#1440:mx#0:\
	:if=/etc/magicfilter/ljet4l-filter:\
	:af=/var/log/lp-acct:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:

	Then, samba is set up so that anyone in our domain may print to this
server, without needing passwords or stuff like that. /etc/smb.conf looks
like this:

[global]
	workgroup=radar&communications
	server string=Radar & Communications Printer Server
	hosts allow=143.167. 127.
	load printers=yes
	printcap name=/etc/printcap
	printing=bsd
	log file = /var/log/samba/log/%m
	max log size = 20
	security=share
	socket options=TCP_NODELAY
	guest account=pcguest
	dns proxy=no
[printers]
	comment=Printers at skint
	path=/var/spool/lpd/lp
	browseable=no
	guest ok = yes
	writable=no
	printable=yes
[ljet]
	printer=ljet
	public=yes
	writable=no
	printable=yes
	path=/var/spool/lpd/ljet

	The other printer is not set up, as lprng does not want to print to
it at all. cat <filename> > /dev/lp2 works fine, though.

	I've checked the spool directories, and all have the right
permissions. Curiously enough, if I use smbclient from another linux box, I
can print without problems. However, things coming from Win95/WfWg boxes are
sent to /var/spool/lpd/ljet, and stored there. It seems that lpd doesn't
want to print them. A couple of days ago, with only one parallel port,
everything worked fine. lptune says that both lp1 and lp2 use polling. I
don't know what else to do.

	Any words of wisdom on that one?

		Cheers,
		Jose