Re: Time Keeps A changin'

----- Original Message -----
From: Person, Roderick <personrp@ccbh.com>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Friday, May 07, 1999 12:12 PM
Subject: Time Keeps A changin'

> Then my time got screwed. I reinstalled timezones and set the date a time
> and everything seemed fine. Except that when I need to reboot, the time
gets
> hosed again!!!

when you installed (initally) you chose "local time" didn't you?

SAME thing happened to me. in fact it happened to me TWICE (got a new hard
drive so i had to reinstall, and it did it again!).  i also run potato.
supposedly i was using "local time" but something kept adjusting my clock.
it was a base system so no i did not install anything that screwed it.

which kernel are you using? oddly enough, when i made and started using a
2.2.X kernel, my time problems stopped. (of course i'm not suggesting this,
i'm simply wondering if perhaps this time problem is associated somehow with
potato and 2.0.36 kernels).

i have no idea how to fix it... mine went away on its own, as i said. i'd
like to know myself!