Re: ldap

On Wed, May 05, 1999 at 10:51:14AM -0500, Craig Hancock wrote:

> When using ldapadd I want to know would it be eaiser to add all of my stuff with
> MySQL and then have ldap read from that databse

You're confusing two different things. Database does not equal API. SQL
and LDAP are API's for accessing physical information usually stored in a
native format on the system (with Berkely db2 for example). You cannot
intermix db's created with different API's (without some strange gateway
code). So, you cannot create a database with MySQL and serve it with slapd
(the LDAP server).