Re: posgresql postmaster would not start

On Wed, 5 May 1999, Khalid EZZARAOUI wrote:

> hey,
>
> do you delete the file : /tmp/.s.PGSQL.<portnr>
> like says your error message
>
> after what if it doesn't work do as root :
>
> /etc/init.d/postgresql stop
> /etc/init.d/postgresql start

Thanks Khalid.  I did look in the /tmp directory but forgot that with
normal ls or dir I would not see the .s.PGSQL-file.  Now it is working
again.

Johann
| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg             |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love
      thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto
      you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do
      good to them that hate you, and pray for them which
      despitefully use you, and persecute you;"
                                     Matthew 5:43,44