Re: Cobalt Qube

On Tue, 4 May 1999, G. Crimp wrote:

> 	I'm also wondering about mixing architechtures.  This guy wants to
> sit in front of a quiet diskless box at his desk (not entirely solved yet)

Why not just keep the existing Sun box and just use it as X-terminal. You
can either keep Solaris or install Linux on it.

> that runs all apps across the net from another box (the Qube, maybe) sitting
> in another room.

You'd probably want something more powerful here.

> If you have a ix86 diskless box on the desk, is it going
> to be able to run apps served from a RISC port of Linux ?

What you mean "served" ? You can run applications on RISC and display them
on your local worstation. Any architecture.

> Could one put x86
> binaries onto the RISC harddrive and have them served to the diskless box ?

Sure. Put them in a separate directory , export it via NFS.

Sergey.