I can't extract debian pakages from binary-i386.iso. Help!

Hello everybody!
I have downloaded binary-i386-1.iso.
I am trying to extract debian packages from it, but I didn't succed.

I have tryed, tar -xvf binary-i386-1.iso.
I have tryed, cpio -i < binary-i386-1.iso.
I have tryed, making master cd under redhat 5.2, by using xcdroast.
I have tryed  dpkg, dselect, mount -o -t iso9660 image1.raw ...
I have looked  for documentation and news gruopps ...

Can somebody please say, how this file was pakaged, and how I can open
it.
Thank you
Soliman