Re: Debian and Novell Netware

In my (admittedly limited) experience Debian does just fine with
Netware, provided that you stick with a 2.0.x series kernel.  The 2.2.x
series seems to have some very nasty problems with the IPX protocol
(brings down just about everything on our network within moments, with a
massive flood of broadcast packets).  Mind you, I've only found two
other individuals who have experienced this problem, so it's quite
likely that our network has some sort of odd situation that brings out
this problem.  At any rate, I've forwarded all the information I have to
the linux-kernel mailing list... hopefully someone will isolate the
problem soon.

If you'd like to try a 2.2.x kernel anyway, just pick a time of low
activity.  If you have this problem, you'll be able to tell almost
immediately.