Re: help me!!

Arjen <www.arjenvv@gelrevision.nl> writes:

> I have Debian 2.1 installed, now i'm trying to mount my cd-players (hdc and
> hdd), and my zip-drive (hdb). but what i try, i cant mount them. I get the
> message that i cant find hdd, hdc, hdb in /dev/mnt, or another file (sorry,
> don't know the name any more. Does anybody know how i can mount them??

First, make subdirectories in /mnt to mount the drives in. For
example :

# mkdir /mnt/fat32
# mkdir /mnt/cdrom
etc.

then run
# mount -t vfat /dev/hda3 /mnt/fat32
# mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom

I don't know about zip-drive, but it shouldn't be awfully different.

To automate the mounting at the boottime, add the following in your
/etc/fstab

/dev/hda3 /mnt/fat32 vfat defaults 0 2
/dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom iso9660 ro,user,noauto,unhide

This would mount your fat32 partition every time you boot into linux,
and also allow you to mount your cdrom with a simple command
# mount /mnt/cdrom
and also you won't have to become root to mount your cdrom.

--
Arcady Genkin
"I opened up my wallet, and it's full of blood..." - GsYBE