Re: Switching windows managers

On Mon, 3 May 1999, Christian Dysthe wrote:

> I was wondering if there is any software available that makes it easy to switch
> window managers without having to edit too many ini files.

You just have to edit ~/.xsession, change "exec foowm" to "exec barwm".

If you get Gnome 1.0 though, it will let you change window managers from
the Control Center. Gnome 1.0 should be released for slink very
soon, and is already on its way to potato. To use Gnome, put
"exec gnome-session" in your ~/.xsession instead of a window manager.
(After installing the Gnome packages of course.)

Havoc