Re: Buggy kernel-sources package in Debian 2.1?

Hi,
>>"pedro" == pedro i sanchez <pedro.i.sanchez@altavista.net> writes:

 pedro> I'm trying to install the kernel-source-2.0.36 package from
 pedro> the 2.1 distribution. I call dpkg -i <deb_file> and everything
 pedro> seems to work fine, no errors are reported. However, when dpkg
 pedro> is done I look at /usr/src and it doesn't have the source tree
 pedro> or any of the simlinks; the only thing I see is an untared tar
 pedro> file with the kernel sources.

        The symlinks are now obsolete. You don't need to have any
 symlinks in place at all in order to compile the kernel images
 (please read /usr/doc/kernel-source-X.X.XX/README.* for
 explanations).

 pedro> Has anyone experienced this? If I untar the tar file manually,
 pedro> what are the required simlinks I need to create (like
 pedro> /usr/src/linux)?

        No symlinks are required. I personally untar the sources in
 /usr/local/src/kernel; and compile it there.

        manoj
--
 No cord or cable can draw so forcible, or bind so fast, as love can
 do with a single thread.  -- Burton