Re: mgetty conflicts with pppd

On Sat, May 01, 1999 at 07:56:35AM -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> Madarasz Gergely writes:
> > do you have an option "lock" to pppd ? it should be in peers/isp or in
> > the options file.
>
> It is in the distributed options file.

Ahh, that's probably it then. It's not in my options file, because my
setup is rather customised because I use diald for one link.

I have two other /etc/ppp/peers/<provider> files which have the lock
option in them, though, created by pppconfig in hamm if I'm not mistaken.

I do seem to recall the port being locked in /var/lock, though, and
the diald-managed link is certainly locked in that directory.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3TYD.