Re: X server on a Compaq Presario 1235

> We have been trying to configure an X server from Debian 2.1 on a
> Compaq Presario 1235 laptop.  SuperProbe reports

   I've got a Presario 1236 laptop running Potato very nicely with the 2.2.5
kernel (well, all except the sound, I've only got it half-configured (sound
config tips welcome!:-)).

   The 1236 uses the NeoMagic chipset for its SVGA and I believe the 1235 does
also.  For the X server I'm using the xserver-neomagic package and have it
configured to run at 800x600 with 65K colors.

--
 Regards,    | <redwards@golgotha.net>   | Linux: superior operating
 .           | <http://www.golgotha.net> |  system tools for those