Re: mgetty conflicts with pppd

On Sat, May 01, 1999 at 01:07:53PM +0200, Gergely Madarasz wrote:
> On Sat, 1 May 1999, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > Is there a workaround? It's most annoying and has been bugging me for a while.
>
> Are you sure you use the same device file name for both mgetty and pppd ?
> I mean /dev/ttyS1 for both... then they should do the locking correctly...

Well, mgetty shouldn't lock the port while waiting for a connection,
but should give up the port when a dialout connection is made.

inittab says

s1:23:respawn:/sbin/mgetty ttyS1

/etc/mgetty/mgetty.config has a "port ttyS1" section.
/etc/ppp/peers/isp says /dev/ttyS1 too (configured with pppconfig).

thanks,
Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3TYD.