Re: apt-get install from local directory of Deb files

In article <[🔎] 650FF9D8BB62D111A48200805FE6469C01DC2311@sotr0081.cognos.com>,
MacKenzie, Andrew <Andrew.MacKenzie@Cognos.COM> wrote:
>I am trying to get apt to work installing .deb files from a local directory.
>I have no packages list and I cannot seem to figure out how to make the
>FILE: uri stem work.  I guess the problem is that they are just sitting
>there so I say:
>
>deb file:/dosc/zips/debs

Generate a Packages file with dpkg-scanpackages and add something like:

deb file:/graveyard/www/debian/ ./

e.g. for that dir I use

Packages.gz: $(overrides)
	dpkg-scanpackages . $(overrides) | gzip -9 > $@
--
Steve Haslam            Validation Engineer, ARM Limited, Cambridge, England
there's something cold in the way you touch me