Re: Ensoniq ES1370 configuration

David Webster writes:
>Went ahead and changed my kernel to remove the OSS stuff and loaded the
>es1370 directly into the kernel (no module).  The driver loads just fine
>and detects the card but does not creat a /dev/dsp device.  I have a
>simple text base media player (bplay) and, of course it complains about
>no /dev/dsp file. ????

Oh, one more thing! Have you tried other sound players? For example
'play' in the sox package. Maybe bplay plays by piping to /dev/dsp
(which seems absurd but not impossible). That is not supported by the
driver, at least with some types of audio data (if you need it, you
could always bug sailer@ife.ee.ethz.ch about it.

--
-~* Daniel Elenius *~-