Re: Ensoniq ES1370 configuration

And thus spake David Webster, on Fri, Feb 12, 1999 at 09:11:28AM -0600:
> I have recompiled my kernel (2.2.1) with the es1370.o module and its
> associated soundlow.o, soundcore.o and sound.o modules.  Also loaded
> OLP2/3 stuff and mpu401.  All this stuff loads just fine at boot but I
> still get no /dev/dsp /dev/sndstat devices at all.  Is there something
> missing?  My system is a Gateway G6-266 and unfortunately Gatweay saw
> fit at that time to ship an oddball, off-board IDE controller and this
> oddball soundcard.  Both have given me fits with Linux.  Got the IDE
> controller under wraps, finally, but this sound card is throwing me for
> a loop.

I have an ES1370-based SoundBlaster PCI128 that I got working with
ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture, http://alsa.jcu.cz) using the
alsa-modules, alsa-utils and alsa-source packages. You might want to look
into those instead of using the kernel's OSS/Lite stuff.

--
Kevin Doherty, kdoherty@jurai.net
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."